The Birdfoot Festival is presently 100% volunteer run. Although we have a hard working Board of Directors, two of whom serve unpaid as Birdfoot’s full time Managing Director and half-time Artistic Director, there are many tasks throughout the year for community members to help with. Festival volunteering is fun, gratifying (you help make things happen!), interesting, and fun (did we say that already?). Volunteers get to know our staff and musicians and are the first to hear about what is being planned for the next season. Learn more about other Birdfoot volunteers HERE
These opportunities can be tailored to your skills and include:
• Helping selling program advertisements
• Helping distribute Birdfoot Festival bookmarks and posters
• Helping represent the Birdfoot Festival to the public at various public events such as
the up coming Earth Day celebration at Bayou St. John, the April 20th Arts Market at Palmer Park, and the May 1st “Wednesdays at the Square”.
• Assisting in the Birdfoot office for a few hours.
• Attending a “stuffing party” and help collate mailings
• Hosting a Birdfoot musician in your home May 20-26th, 2013.
• Helping transport Birdfoot musicians May 20-26th, 2013.
• Helping the Festival as a “go-fer” for one or more days, May 20-26th, 2013.
• Helping at concerts including selling tickets and ushering, setting up, tearing down
after concerts, and helping with Birdfoot’s after parties!
• Depending on your skills, opportunities can include assisting with grant writing,
bookkeeping, press-release writing…..Let us know what you’re good at and
how you could help!
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the Birdfoot Festival office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 504-451-6578.